Terms & Conditions
Welcome to ChanceMe.in and thanks for taking the time to read our Terms and Conditions of Use. ChanceMe.in is a real name service, in which your contributions will be attributed to you in the public domain.
If you are thinking of posting a question or answer on ChanceMe.in, it is important that you read the following information:
1. Code of Conduct
We at ChanceMe.in wish to create a friendly and safe environment for all our users and this code of conduct has been created with this in mind. While we welcome diverse opinions, your contributions to the site must comply with our rules of conduct: It is against ChanceMe.in’s rules to post any comment/post or answer that is abusive, hateful, racist, bigoted, sexist, harassing, threatening, inflammatory, defamatory, knowingly false, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or that in any way violates applicable laws, rules or regulation.
Any violation of these rules of conduct may result in the removal of a user’s posting, the revocation of their registration, and the banning of the registrant’s email address.
2. General Terms & Conditions
- ChanceMe.in is a real-name service in which your real name will be displayed on your contributions and your profile as well as many other places on the ChanceMe.in website. Your real name will thus be available to everyone to view. Do not use the ChanceMe.in service if you are not willing for your contributions and real name to be in the public domain.
- ChanceMe.in functions as a questions and answer exchange between members of the public through posting questions and submitting answers.
- When using the ChanceMe.in Q&A service, please be aware that the answers provided are not necessarily correct, and that ChanceMe.in are not responsible for any consequences resulting from your reliance on any ChanceMe.in service. ChanceMe.in Q&A should never be used as a substitute for seeking advice from a qualified professional.
- By submitting a question to ChanceMe.in, you acknowledge that ChanceMe.in is not responsible for any answer or advice you receive or do not receive, and you furthermore agree not to hold ChanceMe.in responsible for any loss, harm, injury or damage resulting or arising from your submission of a question or your use of or reliance upon any response thereto.
- ChanceMe.in reserves the right to change the site terms & conditions at any time. ChanceMe.in may also ban users and/or remove or modify contributions without notice and without giving a reason.
- ChanceMe.in will not tolerate the gaming or manipulation of systems for self- promotion, nor unfair point- or ratings-gathering. Users caught abusing ChanceMe.in's proprietary systems will be removed without notice.
3. Question Submissions
- Upon submitting the a Question, the Webmaster will make a decision to either approve or reject your question, based on whether it offers the potential to provide useful information for others to respond to.
- It is advised that your questions are written in good English and that they constitute an actual question with a question mark at the end, and which may provide an interesting response from other users.
- Questions may relate to any topic of your choice, except for the following, which ChanceMe.in does not allow under any circumstances: questions of a sexual, derogatory or racist nature; questions that contain swearing or inappropriate use of language; questions which appear violent or aggressive; questions which may offend or discourage users.
- All questions which do not comply with the terms and conditions as set out in clause 2.2 will be removed immediately upon retrieval from our servers, and cannot be resurrected for any reason.
- Persistent misuse of ChanceMe.in by violating clause 2.2 will result in a ban which will block your IP address from accessing our server. We may also take legal action against persons who persist in breaking our rules and causing harm and inconvenience to both the site and its users.
4. Answers Submissions
- Upon submitting an answer to the question, your answer will be retrieved by the Webmaster and either approved or rejected; an approved answer will remain intact within the question area; a rejected answer will be fully deleted from the question area.
- Submitted answers are assessed for quality and relevance, so it is therefore advisable to provide more than just a very brief answer to a question, and to include reasonably-detailed comments, as these help to improve users’ experience of the site.
- Answers must relate to the question you are responding to. ChanceMe.in does not allow the following under any circumstances: answers containing sexual, derogatory or racist wording; answers containing swearing or inappropriate use of language; answers which appear violent or aggressive; answers which may offend or discourage users.
- Continued and persistent violation of the terms of clause 3.3 will result in a ban, and may lead to a legal case if such a ban is overridden by further misuse.
- *The FIRST time you violate the rules, you will be banned. You will not be warned. You will not get a second chance. The rules are simple. Please follow them.
5. Copyright Information
- Information on websites is available for anyone to view, but not necessarily to access, download and utilize. Users of websites may electronically copy or print portions of websites for their own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, re-publication, display or performance of the content on websites is generally prohibited.
6. Your Content
- Definition of Your Content. The ChanceMe.in Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and files to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the ChanceMe.in Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the ChanceMe.in Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Contentsubject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us below.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the ChanceMe.in Platform, you grant ChanceMe.in and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the ChanceMe.in Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for ChanceMe.in to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with ChanceMe.in for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of Your Content through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the ChanceMe.in Platform to use and modify Your Content, subject to our Terms of Service.
- The right for ChanceMe.in to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any question you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that ChanceMe.in may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ChanceMe.in, its users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your nonexclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third-parties of any of Your Content outside of the ChanceMe.in Platform or in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content. By posting Your Content on the ChanceMe.in Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all needed licenses or permissions from any necessary parties, to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate ChanceMe.in’s policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
Our Content and Materials
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the ChanceMe.in Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the ChanceMe.in logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of ChanceMe.in Inc., or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other ChanceMe.in users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
- Data. All data ChanceMe.in collects (“Data”) about use of the ChanceMe.in Platform by you or others is the property of ChanceMe.in, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
- Our License to You. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content and Materials and Data as made available to you on the ChanceMe.in Platform in connection with your use of the ChanceMe.in Platform, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- ChanceMe.in gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Our Content and Materials anywhere on the web provided that: (a) the content in question was added to the ChanceMe.in Platform after April 22, 2010; (b) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction on the ChanceMe.in Platform; (c) you do not modify the content; (d) you attribute ChanceMe.in by name in readable text and with a human and machine-followable link linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on http://ChanceMe.in on every page that contains Our Content and Materials; (e) upon request, either by ChanceMe.in or a user, you remove the user's name from content which the user has subsequently made anonymous; (f) upon request, either by ChanceMe.in or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on the ChanceMe.in Platform; and (g) upon request, either by ChanceMe.in or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable attempt to delete content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction on the ChanceMe.in Platform; (h) you don’t republish more than a small portion of Our Content and Materials. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by ChanceMe.in, or any ChanceMe.in user, without separate, express prior written permission from us.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the ChanceMe.in Platform or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these terms, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- Permitted uses. If you operate a search engine, web crawler, bot, scraping tool, data mining tool, bulk downloading tool, wget utility, or similar data gathering or extraction tool, you may access the ChanceMe.in Platform, subject to the following additional rules: i) you must use a descriptive user agent header; ii) you must follow robots.txt at all times; iii) your access must not adversely affect any aspect of the ChanceMe.in Platform’s functioning; and iv) you must make it clear how to contact you, either in your user agent string, or on your website if you have one.
- No Endorsement or Verification. Please note that the ChanceMe.in Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the ChanceMe.in Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the ChanceMe.in Platform by anyone.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and Materials remain the property of ChanceMe.in's users or ChanceMe.in. The content, information and services made available on the ChanceMe.in Platform are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.